Fundraising - How Can You Help?
Each year Huntington's WA encourages community members to participate in various fundraising events to assist with the provision of vital services to the Huntington's community. The HBF Run for a Reason and the City to Surf are two events that combine healthy exercise with an opportunity to fundraise and is well supported through the Everyday Hero fundraising portal at www.everydayhero.com.au .
We have also had a number of community members create their own fundraising initiatives such as:
- Walk for Huntington's - three sisters walked across England to raise funds as part of their adventure
- Nullabour Crossing - a brave endeavour walking from Ceduna to Norseman, a 1200km trek
- 8 Hour Row for Huntington's
- Trivia nights
- Garage sales - with proceeds to Huntington's
- Corporate free dress days
- An Australia Day Swim
- "Made with love" - sale of a range of works including paintings, quilts, jewellery and emboidery made by community members
If you would like more information about how to go about your fundraiser we're here to help!
To make a donation simply click on the Donate to Huntington's WA button at the lower right of your screen. Other ways to encourage donations include asking people to donate in lieu of gifts for a special occasion or through In memoriam donations.
You can make a lasting contribution to the work of the Association by including Huntington's WA in your will. When planning your will there is the necessity to provide for the needs of those you love. After these needs have been met you may consider a gift to the Association in Western Australia. Any bequest either large or small will benefit the Huntington's community and assist the association in its increasing and ongoing support and care of people with Huntingtons, their families and carers.